Sunday, December 2, 2007

Heirloom Chess Pie

1 unbaked 9” pie shell
¼ cup butter
½ cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons flour
½ cup cream ( I sometimes use canned milk)
1 cup chopped nuts (I like to use 2 cups of nuts)

Cream butter.
Add sugars and salt.
Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes.
Do not over cook.

This is my solution to the Southern Pecan Pie which I can’t eat because it is just too sweet.
I love it with walnuts. But I also love it with my own home grown pecans. Which you see in the picture. You don’t have to chop the nuts but as you can see from this picture it will tear up your pie when you cut it.

1 comment:

Lolly Pants said...

I as well double up on the nuts. Good choice mom. And let's see some more posts to this site.